Nov 20, 2017
The idea of one’s Life Purpose can be tricky. Many of the supposed self-help gurus will tell us that we have one, or that we need to find one. And there are times when we believe them. Times when finding our greater purpose feels necessary. Yet other times — perhaps more often — the idea can feel like too much pressure. With so much choice of what to do with our time and our work, we are easily dragged in many directions and are left feeling a lack of any Higher Purpose directing our lives.
In this week’s episode, Clay and Sarah discuss whether we have a higher purpose — and if so, whether everyone’s higher purpose is the same, or whether it is as individual as we are.
In this episode:
* Eckhart Tolle’s distinction between Inner and Outer Purpose
* Areas of purpose: to serve others, to make a mark on the world, to find Truth (spiritual, scientific etc.), to be Happy, to simply Be & the potential that there is No Higher Purpose
* Why some people feel clear about their higher purpose while others do not
* How our higher purpose might be linked with our Values
* Aspirational aspects of higher purpose - what we would like to be or do